Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Friends of Mine

I miss my Friends. Did Ross and Rachel decide to have another child? Emma must be walking, but has she started school? How are the twins and is suburbian life treating Monica and Chandler well?? Did Phoebe and Mike get pregnant like they alluded to in the finale? I know that Joey moved to LA and pretty much sucked after that (hello, that's why he was *cancelled*).


In the absence of my Friends, I will take what I can get. If that means offering what support I can to the *actors* that made my Friends possible, so be it. I rent all the movies they are in, and I give each new television venture of theirs more than a fair shake. The exception of course was Lisa Kudrow's show on HBO. I couldn't bring myself to order the movie channel for one show, *but* I promise to rent it when/if it becomes available!

Joey
I watched out of a desparate attempt to keep in touch with my Friends. His blond neighbor was cute (Andrea Anders), and I think the eventual cause for his real-life divorce, but it was clear from the first episode that there was very little intelligence to complement Joey's innocent stupidity.

Studio 60
Not only is Matthew Perry portraying a grown-up Chandler, his character's name is Matt! Excellent cast, intelligent characters with an fab-o cast (Amanda Peet, Steven Weber, Bradley Whitford, D.L. Hughley, Timothy Busfield, Sarah Paulson and Nathan Corddry!) and clever writing (did they borrow any of the geniurs Friends staff??). Heard rumors the show was being cancelled, imagine my joy when it turned out they ordered more episodes to finish out the season!

Dirt
Courteney Cox is gorgeous and I think she's the kind of person I would like if I knew her. I heard all the hype about Dirt and how not only is she starring in it, but that she was the creative genius behind it... I'm two episodes in and the only reason I'm coming back for a third is the off-beat functioning schizophrenic Don Konkey (Ian Hart). Hopefully he can keep my interest long enough for the show itself to mature into a guilty pleasure. Right now it is neither guilty or a pleasure. And this little tidbit has piqued my interest. I suppose they've got my number... if a new friend is making an appearance (on the finale March 27th no less) they can count on me, because I'll be there for my friends!

No comments: